November 2002 rediagnosed with a recurring tumor I am going to bring you through the whole fun thing


























 
Archives
<< current













 
This is where you stick random tidbits of information about yourself.



























Brain Tumor History And Other Rants
 
Monday, August 06, 2007  
8/6/07

I’m The Invisible Man

Yes it has been a long time since I posted anything. Do I have any drastic reason why? Nope part laziness I guess I haven’t written much of anything, and nothing to post. So here’s the highlight reel: We are married over a year now, Summer is almost over, no trips this year.

I learned a lot of things over time. Surely a sign of aging. People are transparent and transient. I have been away from work for a long time and no matter what I did in the time I was there the company succeeded before and after me. Now in corporate America that isn’t something that you can take personally, you make no real difference. It’s just some people think more of themselves than they really matter. And the really annoying ones just bitch and moan they don’t like the job, then do everyone a favor and get out. The best you can do is put yourself in a job you like and can walk in and out of and put your hours in for your little piece of the pie. There will usually be someone getting a bigger piece of that pie every week.

Now sales that is a challenge you write your own check. You can make a lot and the company adores you, and sometimes the cycle swings down and you get real nervous, you can never live on that high commission money making lifestyle. And then someone else is the sales pet. I myself was better at building relationship sales versus the meet and quick close as per say a car salesperson or an in home sales person.

But overall work is work, in a lot of ways it helps define you, and at my age I should be in the midst of a successful career. Take all that away and it actually affects your head. Especially if you worked in a social job like I had, now I socialize with the talk radio when I am home alone, so it doesn’t seem so quiet. I also have nothing much to talk about with average working folk. Not much new here, just surviving which is cool enough for me truthfully. I am not trying to gain sympathy it is just an experience that most people never get in life. It is the loneliness of old age at the wrong time in life. It doesn’t fit right. I got nothing to convey of my day to day experiences to someone working all the time. I guess that’s why I truly am the invisible man.

5:16 PM

Comments:
When you're home by yourself, do you try and stick refridgerator magnets to the plate in your head?


Miss ya' Robbie boy!!!


Fatty
 
Post a Comment
 
This page is powered by Blogger.